Vietnam Startup Wheel extends to all audiences with no age and nationality limit. Everyone who is currently doing or planning to do business in Vietnam is encouraged to participate in the competition.
The startup must be younger than 6 years old; be an independent company (not a subsidiary) & have a working beta product or service (preferable).
If you have already registered your business, please submit us your scanned Business Registration Certificate in the online Application Form.
- The startups which are selected in the Crowd-based pitching and Final round are required to have a fully developed product/service or a prototype to display at the Startup Day on August 23-24, 2019 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- The projects that won the previous Vietnam Startup Wheel Start-up Contests will not be allowed to join Vietnam Startup Wheel 2019.
2. REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Candidates follow the instruction and fill in the application form at link: http://startupwheel.vn/en/dang-ky
Submission Deadline: 11:59PM (GMT+7) May 31, 2019
Note: an applicant can register more than one startup project/idea.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION (March 1 – May 31)
- The candidates follow instruction and fill in the Application Form here.
- Video submissions are required to be provided via Youtube platform with an URL link and should cover the following points:
- The video must be named as “Startup Wheel 2019 – [Applicant name] – [Project name]”
- The video’s privacy must be set as Pubic.Determine the existing problems that your business is addressing
- What is the suggested solution and why?
- What makes you outstanding, sustainable and scalable?
- Why choose Vietnam as a destination for your business?
- Any other information that you think we should know about you
- Videos must conform to all Terms and Conditions of YouTube including the video format and size requirements and limitations.
- Video must not exceed two (2) minutes in length.
- The video can be used for public communication if there is no request for confidentiality from applicants,
- All expressions that incite violence or forms of discrimination, obscenity, or defamation are prohibited.
For more details, please refer to our Guidelines for Vietnam Startup Wheel 2019 Contest.
Deadline of submission: 11:59PM (GMT+7) May 31, 2019.
PRELIMINARY SELECTION (Jun 1 – 15)
TOP 50 FINALISTS ANNOUNCEMENT & CONFIRMATION (Jun 16 – July 7)
The top 50 shortlisted applicants will be fast-tracked directly to Vietnam Startup Day 2019 – the largest startup exhibition in Vietnam, with 200+ exhibitors, 10,000+ attendees from the startup ecosystem including startups, investors, tech talents, aspiring entrepreneurs, startup support organizations, corporations and government.
FINAL ROUND AND AWARD (August 23-24)
Among the top 50, 5 start-ups will be selected to compete in the final round of Vietnam Startup Wheel competition, the rest of the 45 start-ups will do crowd-based pitching. Each 50 start-ups will be provided with an exhibition space of 2m x 2m/booth.
The event also has additional 100 startups from local startups to exhibit.
*Note: The detailed schedule as well as the content of the rounds can be changed to suit the actual conditions and situation. Candidates must commit to fully participate in the contest required by the Organizing Committee.
4. SIDE EVENTS
Vietnam Startup Day 2019 also organizes 2 side events: Fundraising workshop & Treasure hunt tour on Aug 20-21, Private Pitch on Aug 22.
All 2 side events are charged and needed to be registered along with the Confirmation of Participation Letter.
The registration and payment link will be provided when you are selected in the Top 50 finalists.
*Note: Slots are limited, and on a first-come-first-serve basis!
Registration reception deadline: July 7, 2019
5. AWARDS, SECURITY AND COMMITMENT
Cash prizes will be transferred to individual project representatives within 15 working days after the Vietnam Startup Wheel 2019 Award Ceremony. The winning project must be responsible for personal income tax (PIT). and taxes or fees related to the prize (if any) in accordance with current Vietnamese law. The Organizing Committee will proceed to collect this PIT and pay it to the state budget. This PIT is paid to the Organizer at the same time as the award.
SECURITY AND COMMITMENT
When participating in this contest, the candidates agree with the Organizing Committee to broadcast live, interview, photograph, record, film and publish exhibitions or reproduce to use for the news, narration, for promotional purposes, television programs, advertisements, including on the website or in any form. The BTC and its partners and all related parties are exempt from any responsibility arising from the photographing, recording, recording or publishing photos, recordings, recordings from the this event. When submitting a business plan entry, a brief introduction about the candidate’s business plan will be considered a summary that is widely available and can be used in the relevant document of competition. The organizer will provide copies of the business plans in the competition to the jury and the relevant person in charge, and request these individuals not to make any additional copies. Any acts of fraud, ethics and law violations within the framework of the contest, the Organizer has the right to unilaterally cancel the contestant’s right to participate in the examination and has the right to handle according to law.